Friday, April 15, 2016

Kanarraville Falls, Southern Utah

The Perry Fam had its second annual spring desert rendezvous, and it was just as fun as last year. My dad and I kicked off the adventure by driving 20 minutes north to Kanarraville, where we laced up the running shoes and made the trek up Kanarraville Creek Canyon. I set up my camera on the tripod near the end of the trek, and it fell victim to the flow of the water. It fell over and killed it for good. someday in the future i'll get a new one, but for now, enjoy the last of my good photos, it'll be all iPhone until PT school is over. 
The mouth of the narrows section of the canyon. Right about here is when the snow started to fall hard

We jumped over the creek multiple times, but we weren't able to avoid getting wet any further after this point. 

I balanced myself on two rocks in the middle of the stream for this one... my dad took a picture of me taking this picture. Likely a foreshadowing of what the day had in store.

Kanarraville Creek Canyon is one of the coolest things i've driven passed 100 times and never known about.

The water was so frigid, Dad walked along the edges as much as he could even though he was as soaked as can be. 

I usually don't have someone that can be the subject of a photo, so it was great to have dad along to put the canyon walls into perspective. also notice the snow making this picture look almost blurry. 


The last corner before the falls. I will be back here soon, but I will probably wait until its over 30 Degrees.

Had to take a moment for a Father-Son adventure photo

We were so frozen, and the cold water was so cold icy it stung our feet, so we decided to stop here, and not climb the ladder. 

A few last photos to capture the beauty before we headed back to the house. 

Mid-Day usually isn't recommended for great light, but the thick clouds and deep canyon made the light usable for a few great photos. 








And this one was the last photo my camera captured. right after this moment, I attempted to shoot it again. I pressed the shutter button and turned to walk away, and felt like the camera had moved. I turned right back around to see the camera making its final descent into the icy water. I grabbed it as fast as I could but the damage was done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment